A mystery is unfolding over the course of the next six days. Do you have the nerve to to accept the challenge of solving the mystery. Who is the girl behind the blog? Follow all the stops to learn more and to see where the story will go!!
Hi there! i am excited to welcome Stephanie of Reading is Better with Cupcakes to the blog for 5for5!! Also, Part V, also known as the end, of Storming the Castle: A Mystery Story is now up and ready to be read.
- Stephanie, how long have you been blogging? What inspired you to start your blog and what keeps you motivated to continue blogging?
I have been blogging a little bit over a year now. I started blogging because when I became a SAHM to my now 20 month old daughter, I realized that I was reading a lot and that I should do something with it! So I made a book blog where I could post my reviews and share them with more people. My motivation to keep blogging is that I love books. I love spreading them around and encouraging people to read. There is just something about it that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
- I know that you are quite crafty, can you tell us about the crafts that you do? Any that you would like to learn? What is one craft project that you’re most proud of finishing?
Oh geez. You should see my garage! It is filled with crafting materials for so many different types of crafts. It kind of drives my husband crazy! My current favorites are coloring and papercrafting, but I have the materials to do a whole lot more than that. I am slowly teaching myself how to crochet and I really want to learn and become really good at lettering!
- On a more serious note. If you could have a do-over and read a favorite book for the first time, which book (or series) would you like to start over with? What is it about that book that makes you wish you could read it for the first time all over again?
Let me be cliche and say Harry Potter. Actually though, I just reread it for the first time last year....and it had probably been over 10 years since I had originally read it! So it was ALMOST like reading it for the first time again. At least that is what I am telling myself. Now I just need to reread the rest of the series.
- If you could have tea with any author living or dead, who would it be? What would be the first question you would ask him? What is the first question you would ask them?
I think for this one I have to say that I would really like to meet Maria V. Snyder. I have enjoyed the books that I have read of hers immensely (and I have read most of them). I don't know if there is anything specific I would ask her. I would just like to get to know her as a person in general.
- You are stranded on a desert island and can only take one thing with you, what will it be?
I am going to go with inspiration from a book that I just borrowed from a local little free library and say that I would want to take a Hatchet with me. So versatile.
You know what, I did the same thing with Winter of Fire a few years ago.It had been years since I last read it that it was like the first time. Ooh, papercrafting, that is one crafting skill I would like to learn. I tried teaching myself how to crochet and was never able to make it past the most basic stitches. You'll have to let me know how it all goes!!
- What is your favorite cupcake? What book do you think it would pair up the best with?
My favorite cupcake would have to be chocolate with chocolate frosting! Did I mention I love chocolate! Strangely enough, I think it would pair well with Harry Potter. Why, because even though the series gets quite dark, rereading it is always like a special reward; kind of like chocolate, chocolate cupcakes!!
- When you aren't reading, what do you like to do with your free time?
When not reading, I enjoy sewing and embroidery; as well as soccer and running. I'm still learning new techniques for sewing (finally mastered zippers) and how to tidily do my stitches for embroidery.
- What is your favorite blogging memory so far?
Can I have two...they tie in together!! Well, my favorite blogger memory would have to be Storming the Castle and working with everyone. That and the realization that I have stuck with blogging as long as I have. I never once thought that eight years later I would still be blogging and enjoying it, if possible, more than before!
- What do you do with your book swag?
I give a lot of the bookmarks to my local library. The rest of it, what I don't plan on keeping is sent out as bonus surprises for the rare giveaway that I host.
- What is your favorite mythical creature? Is there a reason for it being your favorite?
Griffins! It goes back to a duology by Diana Wynne Jones that I absolutely love! Seriously though, if you have not read The Dark Lord of Derkholm and Year of the Griffin, I cannot recommend them enough. They are a wonderful blending of fantasy and what would happen if our world collided with that of a fantasy type world.
The Derkholm duology was my first introduction to Diana Wynne Jones' books, so, they hold a special place in my bookish heart!
Stephanie, thank you so much for stopping! Be sure to check out Stephanie's blog Reading is Better with Cupcakes!!
Don't forget, you can find Part V of Storming the Castle: A Mystery Story over on her blog!